Lou is licensed in Pennsylvania and New Jersey, and is admitted to practice in the Eastern and Middle Districts of Pennsylvania, United States District Court, as well as the U.S. District Court for the District of New Jersey. Lou has tried cases to verdict in Pennsylvania and New Jersey state courts, and has argued appeals in the Pennsylvania Superior Court and the Appellate Division of the New Jersey Superior Court.
Lou focuses his practice on personal injury litigation, representing injured victims in various matters including:
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Slip/Trip/Fall Accidents
- Construction Site Accidents
- Trucking Accidents
- Dog bite attacks/injuries
- Playground accidents
- Subrogation/Property damage
- Defective Product Accidents
Before Hoffman, Sternberg, Karpf & Lynch, LLC
Lou graduated from Bard College in Annandale-on-Hudson, New York, in 1998 with a B.A. in Philosophy, and Temple University's Beasley School of Law in 2001, receiving his Juris Doctor. In law school, Lou was elected by his fellow law students to serve as the school's American Bar Association Student Representative, which office he held during his third year of law school. After graduation from law school, Lou went on to work for one of the largest consumer protection law firms in Pennsylvania, where he successfully represented individuals against some of the biggest and most powerful corporations in America. From there, Lou moved to the nation's oldest law firm, where he represented trucking companies as defendants in personal injury actions. Lou ultimately found that his passion was in representing individuals in difficult situations and, as a result, in 2009 entered into the field of personal injury, where he has practiced law ever since fighting on behalf of those injured by others.
Beyond Hoffman, Sternberg, Karpf & Lynch, LLC
Lou's professional and community involvement has included:
- Serving as a court appointed arbitrator in the Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas of Bucks and Philadelphia Counties.
- Serving as court appointed criminal counsel for those who could not afford representation in Burlington County, New Jersey.
- Lou is an avid bassist, who has played with area musicians at various fundraising concerts benefiting causes such as autism awareness and local food bank programs.
- Past Member of the American Bar Association and Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lou was a player for the then brand new Bard College Rugby Football Club, where he played the A side number five position (lock) for two years, playing full matches and rugby sevens. Lou was a founding member of the Temple Law School rugby club.